As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- Research into silver and bacteria awarded ARC funding 25/07/2014Research to better understand silver resistance in bacteria has received $880,000 in funding from the Australian Research Council.
- Exploring new horizons for sustainability in Asia 24/07/2014RMIT researchers have co-authored a pioneering guide to tackling issues of sustainability in south-east Asia.
- Study examines social benefits of Chinese investment in Australia 22/07/2014RMIT researchers have explored how Chinese firms engage in Australian communities in a study funded by the Australia-China Council.
- It works just like a gun! 29/07/2014Analysing paparazzi's cameras on screen by Dr. Aurore Fossard.
- Work & Life - In the creative economy 18/08/2014We’re more than artists. We are workers. We have families. We contribute to the economy. We tell stories.
- HIRI Seminar Series - Professor Richard H Kramer 19/08/2014Photoswitches to study ion channels as potential treatments for blindness.